- encourage young people to enter statistics as a profession,
- illustrate how "statistical thinking" enhances quality, speed and value
- support government / industry interactions in Indiana, and
- sponsor "quantitative literacy" workshops for Hoosier educators.
1. Provide judges and "statistical content" prizes for the SEFI Hoosier Science and Engineering Fair.
2. Provide free copies of ASA Council of Chapters "Statistical Thinking" software and demonstrate use of commercial statistical software.
3. Annual Statistics Career Days @ IUPUI since 2004
4. Participate in the "Adopt-a-School" program through the ASA Center for Statistical Education. For example, provide "Careers in Statistics" materials for guidance counselors plus information about "The Statistics Teacher Network." Also, participate in "Career Day" programs; encourage, consult and provide judging for ASA statistics "Team Project" and "Poster" competitions..
5. Sponsor school memberships in the American Statistical Association ($50 per academic year) and provide an OUTREACH Library of Cuisenaire/Dale Seymore books (teacher's edition.)
6. Sponsor ASA Office of Education Quantitative Literacy Workshops for Indiana teachers.
The Central Indiana ASA "OUTREACH Library" and school sporsorship programs are funded by corporate support from Eli Lilly and Company.